Thursday, May 20, 2010

Being in the Spirit of Gratitude Creates Mini Miracles Everyday

Aloha Lovies~

I rent a new car every week over the internet because I get them for $10-12.00 a day before taxes. This week I found a super good deal for $9.00 a day and I can keep the car for the next 3 weeks without having to drive into the airport and exchange it for another one. Getting a good deal wherever I can makes my hubby and me very happy. I think that most of us enjoy getting a good deal.

This is my favorite car rental company out of the three I use. They saved my butt when I accidentally cancelled my reservation when I left home. I had a few reservations while searching for the lowest fare. Instead of cancelling the ones that I didn't want, I cancelled the one I actually needed for a good deal. It was a couple hundred dollar difference. It took an hour of work and help from the manager to straighten out my booking. I was so deeply grateful to them.

Today, a woman that I didn't know was assisting me. She told me that I cannot get a car with them unless I had a printed itinerary since I was using a debit card. I had cancelled my flight several weeks ago and hadn't rebooked it yet because I'm still not clear on my departure date.

She was shaking her head from side to side as if she was saying, "No way Jose." And what she actually said was, "We cannot allow you to take a car without written proof of your departing flight."

I looked over at Joanne, who had helped me when I was in my last pickle, and said, "Joanne knows me, please talk to her." I felt instant relief when Joanne confirmed that she did remember me. She said, "Your flight has been canceled and the airline doesn't know when they can get you on another flight, right?" I saw the game she was creating for me and jumped in to confirm the story. "Yes, that's right."

She then proceeded to rebook while saying, "I told you that you are supposed to live here, and so when are you moving to Hawaii?" This woman is very psychic indeed, and I said, "I'm working on it. I placed my order to be back here in Nov for the winter months. I love it here and it's a good place for me to work and create."

Just then I looked over to the man who was also working with me a few weeks ago on my reservation and said to Joanne, "I see that Kenny got a haircut and it looks good!" She hollered softly over to him, "Nancy said your hair looks good! She wants to know the name of the place so she can get one just like it!" He laughed and said, "Super Cheap Cuts! Tell them to use a number 1 on the sides and a number 2 on the top! It'll look great!" I understood the lingo for the clippers since I had two sons and a hubby who liked using clippers instead of paying someone else to cut their hair.

Joanne finished my booking and sent me outside in search of my new Beach Buggy. I saw Pua, a young girl who had helped me before and remembered that her name meant flower in Hawaiian. She too remembered me from my trip in January. She said they were all out of the economy cars so I chose the 'tourist white PT Cruiser.' As I walked around it I had this overwhelming feeling that the car wasn't safe. The tires looked a pretty worn and tired, and I just didn't feel that it would be a safe car for me to drive. I had no other information to go on, but I do my best to pay attention to the messages. So, I asked Pua helping me if I didn't feel safe in the car if I could bring it back in a day or two and get a different one. She said, "For Sure!" Then she said, "Can you drop this water bottle off to Whitney at the gate before you leave? She left it in one of the cars and it has her name on it." I said, "It'd be my pleasure!"

I load all of my stuff into the beach buggy and head off to the gate and notice that the transmission is slipping a bit. I am really not comfortable in this car. I might decide to drive around the island since I haven't done that yet on this trip, or up to see the stars from the observatory which is a long haul and you need a powerful motor. Once I took a small 4 cylinder up it and barely made it to the mid way point. There was no way it would make it to the top.
I handed Whitney her water bottle and you'd think she'd won the lottery with her lit up smile and joy. She said, "I've been looking for this all day long." Since I knew that this car wasn't going to be a keeper I decided to make sure that I could return it one more time. She said, "Absolutely! Did you want to try to get another economy car? We're all out of those. How about a convertible? Would you like one of those?"

I said, "Yes! That would be so much fun!" I'd had a convertible for several years and I really enjoyed it. Then I had a Harley Street Glide, and that was even more fun! So, the thought of having the top down with my hair flying in the wind would be a welcome experience. She wrote a note onto a card, "Whitney says Nancy is a Star." She handed it to me and said, "Come back tomorrow morning between 10-10:30am and I'll hook you up. I think my mouth was still hanging open as I drove out of the gate. I hadn't even asked for this, yet it will add great joy to my experience cruising with the top down. I love living in the Woo Woo!

I came back the next morning and checked in with Whitney, and she told me to check the car back in and tell them the brakes are bad. I said, "The transmission is starting to slip." She said, "Just tell them that when you check it in." It was the truth too. I drove up to the woman who also remembers me and she said, "No problem. Are you going to get an economy car? I said that Whitney was helping me with finding a car. I started to feel a little uncomfortable and didn't want Whitney to lose her job or anything like that.

As I'm walking over to flag her down and she was joyfully heading towards me. She pointed to three Ford Mustangs and asked me which one I wanted, white, red or black? I chose the black one. She told me that people want economy cars because they're cheaper of gas and they get upset when they have to upgrade to a standard car. We exchanged the information and I got into the car and started the engine. Vroom! It sounded like it was a V-8 which I hadn't driven in years. My next thought was, this could get expensive if I'm not conserving my gas. I vowed to drive conservatively and to make sure that I packed plenty of food in my soft cooler when I left the house.

I sned out thoughts and feeling of gratitude to the universe for offering me more fun and pleasure without my even asking for it this time! It would appear that evidence is all around me that I've declared to live in a deeper state of love and pleasure and I am experiencing its arrival. I have declared that I choose to sit out dances with pain, shame, guilt, and remorse. The contrast feels so good in my body.

When I got home I read an email response from my hubby to my request for taking some dance lessons with me if the moment presents itself. He said, "Yes!" We women just want to go out dancing with our lovers, and to put on a dress and to feel like we are a part of a fun social setting. My new friend Lily said, "I wish I'd meet a guy who likes to dance just as much as I do."

I find that women need a little romance so we tend to turn to romance novels, bars, and movies to find it. Dancing is something that most women love to do and yet give it up because of the icky bar scene. We need more public places to dance. I've just discovered another restaraunt from Maria that I hope to share with Sasha this weekend. Maria and I danced there on Saturday night to a trio band that played hot music like Santana. Yet the environment was more subdued and more comfortable. Yet, I still feel safe dancing with my girlfriends. It's not that I don't trust myself, because I do. It's just a lot more fun to dance with women that I know versus men that I don't know. I also don't want to project an image that I am single and lead anyone on. I like it that Maria likes to dance with me and we both feel safe.

More Desires and Intentions

Anita, my loving assistant and close friend, is very excited to fly over here from Oahu, and see Angelica Waters in concert and to attend her event. I suggested that she stay for at least a week and that we can go to two concerts during my last weekend on the island before returning home. I wasn't sure if she really wanted to come, but it turned out that she was concerned about the cost. She really wanted to attend all along and now that we are getting a two for one rate, she is 'in' and allowing the experience to unfold.

When I told Anita about the black Mustang she said, "That's one of my favorite cars and I love black!" I look forward to seeing her again since she's been living on Oahu since our last Pleasure In Paradise Retreat in January. We are pretty compatible and give each other some space when we need it. It'll be fun to end the trip with her since my beloved doesn't appear to be able to make it this time, and I'm ok with that because its easier to accept things as they come then to resist and reject. Besides, I've set my intentions and I know that I will be here this winter.

These are the last few weeks and the time will pass by very quickly! I am savoring the moments that I have in this Hawaiian Sanctuary that Ariel has given to me. She is such an Angel to me as I couldn't have stayed here this long without her help.

When I asked Ariel if Anita could stay with us for the same price that I am she said, "Yes! I just set up the bed in the spare room today! I put out the intention of having a bed ready in case I attract a part time roommate and now Anita's coming to stay!" Her desires and intentions were in action with the Woo Woo and now it's evidence has once again landed into the realm that we call reality.

I believe that the unseen world of life is just as real as the visible world.
Thank you Spirit!
In love, miracles and pleasure,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment