Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Home is Where the Heart Is

Hello Again!

I miss writing the words, "Aloha Lovies" from Hawaii. Today, I'm back at home with my wonderful husband in Washington State, home of my two sons, daughter in loves, and all of the 4 legged grand-doggies and kitties. It's always great to return home after a trip, and especially nice after being away for two months in Kona, Hawaii. What a magnificent adventure it was!

Yesterday, we celebrated my husbands 57th birthday! He looks great and has wonderful genes that keep his grey hair contained to his facial hair with just a few silvers in his side burns. Other than that, his head is a natural golden brown color. Lucky guy! His body is tall and lean and he is loves to ride his motorcycle more than ever. Happy Birthday Baby!

I arrived home on Saturday morning at 8:30am on a red eye flight straight from Hawaii. My kids were all available so I made a souffle, pancakes and we gathered for the home coming event of 'Mama Kerner.' My sons went out to the shop and were dropping a motor into a Toyota truck that my youngest was building from the frame up. This is his 2nd since I left home in April. My family of men are all gear heads and they know intuitively what and how to do it. They are the happiest when they have something to take apart and put back together again.

Both of them worked a lot on their yards and they look great! Just in time for summer potlucks and grilling.

By 2pm I was sitting on the back of our Ultra Classic Harley playing with the stereo and excited that it was a perfectly sunny day in the Northwest. I had been reading Face Book entries while in Kona, and many folks were not too happy with the June rain. Today is a divine 78 degrees and no clouds in sight to dampen our spirits. We took the Highway 2 route to Leavenworth which is one of the most spectacular roads for scenery anywhere in the world. As we approached Leavenworth we were in awe at the gushing waterfalls above us to the right that were in full force. I hadn't ever seen them that big before. I give thanks for the rain and the beauty of the moment.

We enjoyed our time together hugging, kissing, caressing, and being with one another again. It was another mini miracle in motion. I had envisioned our reunion to be hot and loving. The right amount of 'Space' has a way of making a 32 year long relationship rekindle into a new, young and vibrant one. I love being and feeling in love with one man. It's soothing to my soul. I send out my thoughts of gratitude again for the perfect reunion with my beloveds.

When we built our log home, which the X-Files CD Rom game was filmed on location, my husband made a special mantel that read "Home Sweet Home." We both enjoy the feeling of being with our small family, all together again.

Ahhhhh........I am breathing into this 'sweet spot' in life because today, I am on the road again to Canada. Just a quickie trip to attend Karen McGregor's "Spiritual Writers Group." It's been one year since I joined her group and I am thrilled to be with our community of writers once again. I love, love, love being in our radiant community of women and wish it was closer. I've written two books since joining a year ago, and am going to publish them by the fall. Thank you Karen!

In deep gratitude for my loving family.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment