Sunday, May 16, 2010

All We Need Is Love and a Little Dancing !!!

Aloha Lovies~

Last night was so much fun! I am feeling such delight as I recall the sequence of events that transpired while taking yet another Joyful Ride while living in the Woo Woo!

Sasha wasn't going to get off until about 6pm and I let her know that she could text me and I'd pick her up if she wanted to 'play.' I accepted an invitation from an old friend of mine that I bumped into on the island. She was with her new beau and another couple who I'd had the pleasure of meeting earlier today at a dinner party. We all wanted to keep the party going, and Lily suggested a place where they go salsa dancing. Up until now, I hadn't ever tried Salsa dancing and thought, "If you say this is fun, then I'll trust in the moment and I'm in!"

When we arrived I recognized the restaurant next door as being the one that my husband and I ate at when we were here about 16 years ago! I'd been keeping my eyes open for it to see if it was still there. Note to self, when my beloved breaks free from his work commitments, then we can check it out.

I am not one who goes out to the bars, but I do love to dance! My lover doesn't dance, so my partners are usually my sista's! This was no different, and Lily quickly showed me how to do the basic steps for Salsa by counting. It seemed so simple, yet the counting kept me in my head. Oh well, no wrries because I didn't see myself getting out on that dance floor tonight and I would be perfectly happy just to watch for now.

One by one people started showing up dressed up and looking mighty fine in their dance shoes and outfits. The men were looking a lot like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever -the women had mini-skirts, dresses, and shorts on. They looked hot! What a great looking group of men and women.

As Lily and I sat talking she spotted a man whom she'd danced with in the past, a silver haired guy with a white shirt. White dress shirts for the men seemed to be the most popular color, and I would later find out why. Lily told me that if Silver Fox asked me to dance then to follow his lead. I turned to her and said, "Lily, I'm not dancing, I don't know how to do the salsa and I'm enjoying watching all of these hot dancers spin around and shake their booties. Besides they look like professionals!"

I watched Lily dance with several men and she rocked! Her boyfriend, Ed, and I talked a lot about how hot and sweaty it was dancing outside in the open air cocktail lounge of humid Hawaii. The men were dripping, yet they looked so good doing it.

If the law of attraction works like a charm, which I know that it does, then here it comes! Mr. Silver Fox had a black hat on and looked so dashing, and he was really tall. He stooped down next to Lily and picked up her hand. I thought, "Whew! He's going to take her out onto the floor and show me how it's done."

Just then he spoke to her, "Lily, do you mind if I take your friend out for a dance!"

"Oh, no thank you! I'm happy watching everyone." The words were coming out of my mouth, but they weren't landing in his ears, and he wasn't taking no for an answer. I heard the voice in my head say, "You asked for dancing, so get up and keep the dream in motion." I gave my worried little ego mind a massage because she wanted to stay safe and tight in a bud until I learned how to dancer a bit better. I know from experience that the quickest way to learn something new is to just do it! This feels like a real stretch for me! I am a married woman, out with friends for some conversation and fun and now I'm stumbling all over Mr. Silver Fox and I suck at the salsa!

He was very nice and polite he then released me from the next dance. He didn't speak, but he did manage to glide me around like a pro. I quickly return to the safety of my chair, picked up my phone to see if Sasha wanted to join us and she did! I scooped up my keys and trotted off to my Silver Malibu rental car, then drove over to pick her up from her studio which was only a couple of blocks away.

Sasha was in a very happy mood as she made the most in tips, in one shift, so far in her new job. And her feet didn't even hurt her tonight. I informed her of the $5.00 cover charge and she said, "No Problem!" I love being with No Problem Women! Then I asked her if she knew how to do the salsa and she said, "A little." Which I later learned meant, "Hell yes! And I'm quite good at it!"

We stopped off at the bar and Sasha bought her bottle of Corona because it's safer than the specialty beers which knock her on her butt. I like that she doesn't get drunk when we are out. She has one or two beers and that's about it. Nice. No drama with her at all and she's half my age. She stays away from the hard liquor too which I appreciate very much. She's pretty enlightened for only being 25, and is only 3 days younger than my youngest son. It's a joy and pleasure being with her because she is confident too.

As we make our way to the table I can feel the eyes staring at her, "A new girl in town!" Sasha is absolutely gorgeous with long naturally curly hair like a Mermaid. I can just hear the men's thoughts as we walk by them, "What an Angel!"

Instantly two men walk up and ask her to dance. She turns them both down and points to her beer. She asks me if it's rude to turn men down. My response is, "You get to choose who you share your essence with. Being selective of who you dance with is your choice to stay in your power. It's the same with men or women in that you get to choose who you will share your energy with!"

I thought we were going to be able to sit there for while and just watch, but Sasha has a built in radar for guys and just then a tall handsome man asked her for a dance, but he was well skilled in his asking. He probably told the other two guys to take notes as to how it's done. He reaches for her hand and said, "Come on. Let's go dance." As she started to point at her beer like she did with the other guys, he repeated himself, "Come on." She helplessly looked over at me, and then he looked at me and he said, "She cannot refuse me, No?" And I said, "It's her choice." Then she stood up and went out to show me how incredibly comfortable she is in her body while dancing the salsa. The only issue it appeared that she had was with her strapless Goddess top as she kept cinching it up after a twirl or a dip, which Johnnie did very well.

I walked over to the stairs that lead to the upper level of the outdoor dance club and introduced Sasha to Ed and Lily. We sat and chatted for a few minutes until Ed and Lily said their goodbyes. Ed had to get up early in the morning. It didn't take Johnnie a New York minute to slide in for another round of fun with Sasha before someone else tried to get a look at her Goddess eyes. Johnnie was not stupid and he loved to dance. He was in command on the dance floor and he loved Sasha's young independent spirit as she playfully let him lead for part of the time. She said that she's not very good at allowing men to lead. She is an out of the box young woman, and being on the dance floor was no different.

They came back later and were giggling about how Johnnie dipped her at the same time as another man dipped his partner and the girls heads just missed one another by a few of those curly locks! "That was so close!" was their comment! I suddenly felt like a mama lion and wondered what I would do if she got hurt and who should I call? Then I dismissed the thought and let it go back to where it came from as I waved it away with my invisible magic wand, which was simply, my hand.

Johnnie wanted me to dance with him and I declined his offer, first, because I suck and two, because the last time I danced I left the floor dripping with sweat and was shocked that it was so humid there. I didn't realize how humid it was until I tried to move around a bit. My forehead was like a wet pool of water. I looked around at everyone and realized why the women wear their hair up, with very little clothing on, and the men wear a white shirt with at least one more clean one in the car. Johnnie confessed to having two extra shirts in his car and I could see why. He was wet from head to his britches and he had long pants on with closed toe shoes! He had a towel close by to wipe his forehead. So did some of the other men.

He persisted with me until I agreed to stand at the upper level where the dance floor was safely tucked far away from my sensitive ego. Then he said something that woke me up. He said, "Don't bother counting like everyone else does. Simply stand there and allow the music to move through you and feel it." I knew exactly what he was talking about and he knew within two seconds of my swaying hips that I would be able to connect with this wonderful dance that he adored so much. He smiled really big and said, "Yes! That's it!" I said that my mama has rhythm and I can feel the beat. Moving my hips comes natural to me, always has. I love to dance!

Next he added the steps and I slowly felt the confidence to try a spin. I was surprise that spinning made me dizzy. Yet, after much practice and several bystanders popping up for some personal lessons from Johnnie in our little group, I made three turns in a row! Then I felt dizzy again and sat down into the safe zone of my phone and checked messages. I wanted to find out how our new retreat web site was coming along. It was nice to be able to do business while dancing and watching everyone there having so much fun! Sasha was having a blast and she made sure to keep Johnnie in check by not giving him her number yet.

Meanwhile I asked Roberta, who was a part of our little group, if Johnnie was a good guy and she said that he was. She was also 25 and moved to the Big Island of Love several years ago so she was now a local. I informed her that Sasha was new to the island and asked if there was anyone she ought to be concerned about. She thought for a moment and then answered, "No. There was a guy, but the men spoke with him and now he's behaving."

I had a wave of familiarity run through me as I remembered the community of men and women that we had back home many years before. The men would teach one another how to treat women and how to take care of their responsibilities while the women taught each other how to do the same while learning with the women. It's a very cool thing to be a part of. I felt the mama lion within me ease up her concern and know that Sasha is safe. I heard that the DJ who spins the music knows everyone who comes in and makes sure that the women feel safe to dance there.

I'm thrilled about this new club and can't wait to share it with the next group of women that will join us in Jan. What a fun night! I felt a bit out of place when I stepped into the bar portion of the club. But the dancing is what I love most. Booze has a way of making people relax and catch a happy buzz. As the night moves on people begin to slur their words, get tired, and lose the once radiant glow. Then they just need a place to rest their tired bones. Sasha had the glow all night and we both felt so good at the end that we were still buzzing from all of the fun energy of good music and dancing. We shared our gratitude's that we can keep the Goddess Alive through the party until the end of the night if that's our desire.

Moment of Truth: Its important to keep dancing and music alive in my life. I think that when I was in my 20's I started feeling the pressure of being married with kids was putting a damper on my inner diva's desire for dance. Say that three times! I like finding places to go that are comfortable for the non drinkers like myself who still want to have fun in total freedom. Married people need to be able to get out and listen to music with their friends with or without their spouses. Naturally, I want to stay married and would not want to compromise the foundation of trust that I have created with my beloved. Perhaps its time for me to ask him if he'd like to do this with me.

After I dropped Sasha off at her flat, make sure she's made it inside, I leave the town of Kona for my journey back to the country where the roosters will begin their 3am ritual of crowing until about 6am. They had a turkey chime in for a sing along yesterday, and I thoroughly enjoy this personal surround sound stereo system. Just before I drift off to sleep I recall a conversation with Ed saying that he has never swam with the dolphins before! I asked him if he'd like to go out on a boat swim and he said, "Most definitely! Yes!" Now we have 4-6 people who want to join us and we can have up to 14. It's comming up soon, so I'd better get my reservation in with the boat because my vision is to go out the day after the Catch Your Dreams playshop and share in the good fun with good friends who've never done it before! I better get my reservation in soon!

In love and dancing!

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment