Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Intuition 101

Aloha Lovies~

This blog is designed for Basic Intuition 101 education. If you've always wondered what the big deal about intuition was, but were afraid to ask, then you're in the right place! I can still recall being at a Holistic Health and Wellness event in Bellevue, Washington with my friend. She was telling me that the speaker that she had listened to in a break out room was totally off track as she described what her definition or intuition was. I didn't have a clue what this whole intuition thing was yet, and thought to myself, "What's she talking about?" The speaker was telling us how it entered the body and where it comes from. I made a decision in that moment to discover all that I could about intuition and the moment I opened that door, the books simply came to me with effortless ease. I made a decision and the universe acted like the great mirror that it is and handed me the information I needed. There is so much written about the topic and so I will do my best to use the K.I.S.S. method, or Keep It Simple Sweetie.

Intuition 101

What is intuition and where does it come from?

This is such a big question and the answer will vary on what you read, your spiritual beliefs and how much personal experience you've had with receiving the messages of intuition. Some people believe that it comes from God, The Source (Energy) Angels, the universe, the Goddesses, Guardian Angels, or Spirit Guides, or hundreds of other names to try and describe a name for what is beyond the body. There is no right or wrong answer, you can choose whatever you want to believe and that will work best for you.

In fact, that's the first lesson for our intuitive study today. YOU get to choose where it comes from as you read study and learn more. The unseen world is so full of magic and mystery that it's hard to know what is beyond our physical and emotional senses. Unless you are clairvoyant of course which leads us to the different kinds of intuition?

The Modalities of Receiving Intuition

1) Clairaudient ~ this is when you can actually hear the messages as if someone is talking to you with "The Voice" and it often scares people when they begin to actually hear the voice. Often people will pray for God's Will for them, and then when the voice comes in, they think that they are crazy and begin to shut it down. This happened to me. I felt compelled to tell my husband what was occurring for me since I was experimenting with the Woo Woo and was shocked and surprised when it met me at the door to open it.

Listen to whatever is happening around you. Tune in to hear the different tones, sounds and vibrations of your surroundings. Especially if you are looking for signs from the Angels or the great beyond, or God, whatever the name. If you have asked for a change or a shift in your life, then pay attention to your thoughts, words, music, birds, wind chimes, whatever sounds your hear. Nothing is by chance. You asked and now you are the receiver. You're not crazy, you're intuitive.

2) Clairsentient ~ this is when you can feel it in your body somewhere. You have a gut feeling, or you have truth bumps or angel bumps on the back of your neck, arms, legs or vaginal area. This is simply energy being sent through your body letting you know that you're on the right track. It's like a confirmation that the choice you're making either in alignment or off track depending on how your body feels.

Does your stomach hurt? Do you have diarrhea? Are you having a gut feeling that you ought to stop, turn around, go back, and take a different turn? Or do you feel that tingle and truth bumpy feeling that is telling you to keep thinking those thoughts or continue on with the decisions you're making. However, and wherever your body opens to receive intuition is totally OK. A Kundalini experience is when your crown chakra about your head seems to open and allow this direct beam of light filled energy which moves up and down your body like that machine in star trek that beams you into another place. Only this one really happens. Learn to trust the messages that are being sent to your body in the form of emotions and feelings. Make sure you listen to your body's messages and not to someone elses.

You can get clear on how your body feels and then ask someone who is open to this kind of conversation how their body feels in the moment. Most people don't trust this inner wisdom or inner guidance. Check in with others and learn to trust your own experience to guide and look after you.

Some women call truth bumps Angel Bumps because they believe that these are direct signs from the Angels. You decide, and when you feel different, then you have the power to change your mind, your thoughts, feelings and beliefs on the topic. That's what's so cool about being a woman. We can change our mind with ease and grace!

3) Clairvoyant ~ this is when you have clear vision or cl

ear seeing. Everyone has heard the words 'vision and dreams' and if you are clairvoyant, you will literally see visions from your inner mind's eye. People who are clairvoyant see movies being played out in their head. We can actually have dreams about events before they happen.

If this happens to you it can be a gift and a curse because it can be difficult to let someone know that the space shuttle is going to explode the day or week before it happens. Who would listen to you? Thank goodness we are living in a time and age in this moment where society is becoming more educated on the topic and detectives often hire people with such special gifts to help find a body, or a weapon, or to get evidence that will lock up the crook when they are guilty.

I had my first downloaded vision when I was 28 years old and only 6 months into my spiritual recovery program. I denied it on many levels, but never forgot the experience for a minute since it happened. I saw that I would be working with women around the world sharing information and wisdom that all women could benefit from.

Later, when I turned 40 I started having dreams that would turn to a life experience. My son told me that in North American Tribes, or First Nations, the spirits would send the dream about three days before to help you to prepare for it. That was about how many days in advance I would have the dreams before they'd show up. Again, if this happens to you, simply know that you are going to learn the art of allowing this wisdom to flow through you.

Sometimes your dreams become visions around your moon time. You have a direct line because your ego is sleeping. This is the sacred and divine feminine grace that every woman has within her. We are all called, and we are waking up to really listen. I love being on land with towering cedars and moon lodges and fire pits that allow us to tap into the earth for a deeper awareness and listening.

You can see visions and dreams at any moment of any day. Many women are given the gift in childhood, and others learn they have it only after they turn 40 or stop having periods because at that time, your blood isn't releasing eggs any more. She is now releasing wisdom, creative ideas and inspiration. That's the great thing about being 50 and fully conscious. We have a constant flow of intuitive ideas and can call upon it at any time we choose to. We simply need to have space to commune with the Source so that we can see, hear, feel and know the creative spark when it lands in front of us. Booze, dope and drugs silence it. So can toxic food and relationships. Teach your family how to honor you while you go 'within' for a deeper surrender and connect with your inner vision for clear seeing.

4) Claircognizant ~ this is when you simply have that 'all knowing feeling' that you know what you know. It may not be a feeling, sound, or vision. You simply know that either you're in alignment with your purpose, for example, or you aren't. I've had clients who may feel pretty clueless about their intuition until they came to my office. Then I would hear the same story with a different face telling it to me, "I don't know how I know this, but my husband is having an affair. I don't have any proof, but I know he is sleeping with someone else." Then she would come back within a short period of time and say, "I knew it! I told you! He left evidence out and when I called him on it, he lied!" Then she would go back and gather more evidence and say, "That's it. I'm not crazy. He said I am, but I'm not! Now, I can trust myself because he convinced me that I was going nuts."

This is so heartbreaking to watch women swing from being angry, hurt and betrayed to the feeling of hope and joy that she can actually trust her bodies wisdom, and that she is not crazy after all! Remember, when other people discount your intuitive gifts, it may have nothing to do with you, and everything to do with their personal experience, or lack of. Its important to find someone who will ask you questions such as, "How do you feel? What do you know? Is that the truth?" Then step back and listen to your all knowing feeling.

My husband thinks of his intuition as when he is leaving the house and feels like he is forgetting something, and just can't seem to recall what it is. Later he will notice that he left his lunch at home, or forgot to pick up a folder, or something else that was important to take with him. Just about everyone can identify with having that experience.

I learned to ask my body-higher mind questions in my late 30's.

As I was tuning in and turning up the volume within me, I started to ask my body-mind two questions; How does it feel to choose option A? Then I'd listen, watch, feel and observe. I'll write more about that later as it's quite a profound process and experience to open yourself to the Divine within you as a guide to your highest good. Or to be totally open to your higher purpose as you learn how to live in the spirit of service to others. Then I'd ask the next question, How does it feel to choose option B? You can save yourself a lot of heart ache and pain once you learn how to discern the wisdom within your body-mind.

People often makes comments such as, "If psychics are so good then why can't they pick the lottery numbers?" Well, I personally don't study what kind of people win the lottery. That could be a good study though! I do know that my husband and I watched a documentary where a woman won two separate million dollar scratch tickets and she said that she just knew that she would win. She was aligned with her clear knowing and with the action of playing the game. For her, there was no doubt in her mind. If you believe that something either is, or it isn't, then that is your belief.

Many of us do our best to live our lives with an open heart and say prayers like, "If this is going to benefit my purpose and my calling, then I'm open to receiving all of the good that comes to me in whatever form it chooses to take." If your highest calling is to NOT win the lottery, then psychics will understand why they aren't seeing the numbers clearly. However, if you have a dream about the numbers, then for heaves sakes, get your butt to the store and buy a ticket!

Listening to and acting upon your intuition is another topic. I can tell you many stories of when I heard the answer and ignored it. This can be a painful experience for you if you are attached to the outcome. However, it's a great lesson for you and your family to learn and discern, how to trust the person who has the strongest intuitive awareness in your tribe, home or family. Another topic is when your beloved doesn't listen to your intuition and how that experience can later turn into power.

We all have intuition. We simply need to pay closer attention to it when it comes. Keep an intuition journal. Write down your experiences and catalog which kind of intuitive you are. Many of us have at least one, maybe two, or more. I have all of them to some degree or another.

Don't quit before the miracle happens! You are the co-creator of your experience today!

In love and gratitude for YOU!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment